3/19/10

Works for Me!

Much better day yesterday. Did my day start and finish WITHOUT me making a complete idiot out of myself? Nope.

I started work at 9am. By 9:05am, I had managed to make a HUGE mistake of MASSIVE mistakes. I won't lie to you. It crossed my mind to run screaming from work, "I quit!" Did I? Nope.

You see, I discovered the best line. "I'm new." That line could possibly work for another week but yesterday, it worked out fine.

The rest of my day? It was great. There was a technician that did a great job showing me the humility of learning the rules and the flow. By god damn, he even made a few mistakes too so I felt so much better.

Today is a short day. Just a mere four hours. What can possibly go wrong today? Well, I'll tell ya. I need better shoes. My ass has been sitting on a couch for 4+ years and quite frankly, I think my ass is really missing my couch. The only time you can sit is when you're on lunch. So for six hours, I am standing up. Yah, I'm gonna need better shoes. Either that or convince my husband that I'm gonna need a hot tub/jacuzzi in the backyard.

Have y'all seen those new "Shape-up" shoes by Sketchers? I think they are quite possibly the ugliest shoes in the world. They look like prosthetics! And even more ridiculous. They're like $100! Well good god, I ain't gonna spend $100 on a pair of shoes that 1) make me look like I'm hiding a hoof or 2) will again, make me look stupid! But I need some better shoes. Badly.

Anywho!

Today is Friday. It will be the first time, in a long time, that the weekend will actually be a "weekend" to me. I miss that feeling. Friday's to me for the past 4+ years have just been another day. Today? Friday means I have the weekend to enjoy some beer and spend with my family. In that order too. I hope all of you enjoy your weekend, kick up your feet and enjoy a beer.

That's what I'm going to be doing.

If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

2 comments:

  1. You should just be like Homer Simpson and keep saying "It's my first day" after 10 years on the job. Who's gonna know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly who I thought of when I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I'm new!" Too funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete