3/10/10

The Big Picture

I'm dedicating this post to a friend of mine. It could probably apply to a lot of my friends so feel free to think that I'm talking to you. I promise I won't write a song titled, "You're so vain." :)

The Big Picture. What am I talking about? Well, I think every day there is something that defines that day. It could be someone that said hi to you. It could be someone that made you mad. It could even be a mere smile from a stranger. The Big Picture. It's the ability to find that one thing about your day that either changed you or made you stop and think. Now I know a lot of people would say that they don't have time to stop and smell the roses but you really do.

At the beginning of 2010, I decided to live my life differently. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Don't sweat the small stuff. And finally, always look for the big picture. I've managed to continue this "resolution" of sorts so far and I hope I continue it.

I can probably count on my one hand the amount of people that have my back. They would never leave me in my time of need. They would never tell me a lie to me to spare any hurt feelings. They would never stab me in the back. I won't name any of these people off but again, if you want, you can think I'm talking about you. I don't look at the amount of friends I can claim and feel loved. I look at the amount of friends that claim me and feel loved. That's my big picture. To have somebody that trusts me more than I can imagine is my big picture.

To be able to live up to that responsibility without even thinking twice is worth more than its weight in gold. I never feel used. I never feel taken advantage of. I never feel unappreciated. I feel loved. In my opinion, your friend can come in the form of the dreaded spouse, the parent, the inattentive sister, the overworked friend or the friend that handed you Kleenex after Kleenex when you were broken into a million little pieces. They've seen you at your worst and they've seen you at your best. And through worse or best, they didn't see a difference because they saw the big picture. Their big picture was just you.

What's your big picture?

I bet if you really thought about it, it would be a simple find. You might even be surprised that its been there almost your entire life. You just didn't take the time to look at the big picture.

If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Can I have your back if I've never actually seen your back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sure you can! Just imagine if you have seen my back though....our friendship would be FOREVER! ;)

    ReplyDelete