3/4/10

Why I love being me.

This sounds familiar, doesn't it? I talked about my measly biography a couple weeks ago and how agents don't care about anything like my size and weight. Oh, I ain't gonna tell any of you either. Let's just say, I'm happy with both my size and weight.

Jobs.

I have quite a few jobs under my belt. Only one of them has paid me. I was a cashier at a drug store and the pharmacist saw me talking it up with a customer one day. He said, "I'm not stalking you but I watched the way you were speaking to the customer. You seemed like you cared and wanted to help them with the way you spoke to them."

Ha! Fooled him!

I didn't care and all I really wanted to do was take my break. But it was that pharmacist that got me back in the pharmacy. He trained me, he studied with me and he made me actually start caring for the customer.

Okay, that story is over. I'm a pharmacy technician. I make somewhat good money for somebody that didn't want to go to college. A career actually. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm pretty proud of myself because those freaking tests were hard. I know about things that I probably shouldn't know about. I've worked with people that I probably never would've known had I been something else. My friends that I've made in this profession are the best. I take everything I get from those friendships and think they get something from me too.

Do you enjoy your job? Do you like the people you work with? Years after leaving a job, do you still associate with those people?

I can't imagine not having those people in my life. I love every single one of them. Y'all know who you are. Thank you for being a part of why I love being me.


If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment