2/4/10

Tween angst or comedic therapy?

I'm gonna try to stay on top of this. I can do this. I know I can. :)

Tween angst. Good lord help us all. I understand it. I lived through it dangit! I know how the world seems to revolve around them but I have always been the type of person that thought the world revolved around ME! So what is a mother to do? Well, I try to find the funny. I can find funny at a funeral so this isn't very hard for me.

This morning was carpool day. I usually drive three children to school, my own being one of them. This week was minus one tween as she is on a cruise this week with her family. The stars of my carpool today are my daughter M and a neighbor boy we'll call E. Here it goes. I have a million of these so a quick synopsis. E is a sarcastic and smart boy that is my nemesis of wit. M is a very smart girl.....she's mine so I'm allowed to brag.

E: In the back of my magazine, they had a machete and a sickle for $80!

Me: Is that a good price?

M (daughter): That's your question? How about what do you need those for? You want the stupidest things!

E: If you're ever trapped in a jungle forest....don't expect me to help you.

M (daughter): Mom, if I'm ever trapped in a jungle forest.....E did it.

Me: Dully noted.....E will be my prime suspect.

I picture these two young loves twenty years from now arguing over yet another ridiculous purchase E is excited about.

If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

1 comment:

  1. love your blog
    check mine out, trying to hide be stealth here but get the word out!

    ReplyDelete