2/9/10

Mean mommy or excused exhaustion?

Okay, fine, I'll admit it. M was really sick. Most people know how hard that is. Not that M is sick but admitting I was wrong. My youngest K came home sick yesterday after throwing up in class. I was all prepared to hold her hair back with a bucket in hand but anymore throwing up never showed up. Basically she got to come home and play with her new toys from her birthday. And because she threw up at school, she gets today off on a no throw-up rule technicality.

It might be surprising to most that I'm a major rule follower. My dad would probably make the sound effect of a ::snort:: with that admission. But seriously, I follow all the rules. Fever free for 24 hours and the icky stuff like vomit and diarhea need to be 24 hour free too. I don't believe in sharing. Now that is the truth! I don't want people to give me their cooties and I won't give people my cooties. It's too bad more people don't feel that way as usually if I have cooties, it's because some snotty kid who wasn't mine gave em to me.

So, the question today of mean mommy or excused exhaustion needs to be answered. I'm not ashamed if the answer is mean mommy. Trust me, I've been called worse. But today I'm going to write an excused exhaustion note to M. What? She got one for PE!

Dear M****,

Please excuse your mommy for being somewhat unsympathetic yesterday. (I added somewhat but we all know there was no somewhat about it.) You see, she hasn't been feeling well for over a week. In fact, she probably has what you have right now. She hasn't gotten out of making you dinner, doing your laundry, taking you to school, picking you up from school or helping you with your homework. She's had to listen to you and your sister whine and argue over probably some of the stupidest things while her head was pounding. Remember yesterday when you said your head was about to explode? Well multiply that by a thousand when you add the incessant needs of a 12 year old and an 8 year old.

Thank You,

Mommy

P.S. And in case you were wondering, I still feel like poo but I'm still gonna have to suck it up and take you to the doctor and play nursemaid to you today and possibly tomorrow. Wait....what was I apologizing for?


And in closing, I have a very helpful husband at times. Yes, he works and when he comes home, he'd take over if I asked. I don't ask though because mommies never get excused absences. Mommies aren't allowed to take a sick day. Mommies aren't allowed to do anything but be mommies. So if I seem unsympathetic and quite frankly, a mean mommy.....my advice? SUCK IT UP! I do that every freaking day cause that's what mommies do!

If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment