5/7/10

If Karma is a Bitch....Her Name Has to Be Jeanie.

Okay, I think I'm contradicting myself here. I've said that I don't believe in luck. I don't believe that life is out to get me. I do however believe that Karma is alive and well....living in TexASS.

Over the past couple of years, I've been reminded quite a few times of what a pain in the ass I was as a child. My reminder is in the form of a sweet little girl. I've mentioned her before. It's K, my youngest, my mini-me. I adore her. Don't get me wrong. In fact, I tend to favor her because I "get" her in more ways than one.

My oldest, I don't "get." She's quiet, she's sensitive and by god damn, she is a moody lil' bitch when she wants to be. Yah, yah, yah....I know, a couple days ago, I compared her to my sister. I'm not favoring that comparison when I say the above. It's different when my sister is an adult and my child is a tween. I hate that I don't "get" M. I hate that I favor her sister sometimes. You'd think that since I recognize it, I'd find a way to put a stop to it. I've tried but damn, it's really hard to do.

Sometimes I wish that I could ship her off to my sister for awhile so she could figure her out. So my oldest could get a taste of what it feels like to be understood. In this house, nobody gets her.

This weekend was a weekend of nothingness. It was freaking GREAT! We had a mailbox fixed. My husband went to look at some land for this year's deer lease. (Don't ask...trust me, you don't want to know.) Sunday was Mother's Day. My mother and I put a request in and wished for my husband's homemade enchiladas. Oh yah, we got em too. Mom and dad brought over some wine and my mother and I got a little tipsy on "our" day. Our only sadness was we couldn't enjoy it with the other mother in the family. We toasted to her though and wished she was with us. If there is one thing, we are descendants of some great mothers. We've laughed, we've cried and we've succeeded through every endeavor motherhood has thrown at us. Oh, and we're not stupid enough to realize that it ain't even close to being over.

I hope everyone who has the honor of being a mother had a great Mother's Day. I hope those of you who aren't mothers, took the day to say thank you. I'll leave you with a mini-conversation between me and my daughters. Ya gotta love it cause if I didn't, I'd be in a freaking asylum by now.

K: Hey momma, what do you want for Mother's Day?

Me: Nothing. I have everything I've ever wanted.

M: Don't believe her K, she'll be asking us to clean our rooms any minute.

Me: Well, did you clean your room?

K: Good one M. We prolly would've gotten away with it if you hadn't have opened your big mouth.

M: Well if that ain't the kettle and the pot.

Me: Oh hush. Did you clean your room?

M: I'll do it later.

K: I already cleaned mine.

M: Butt kisser.

K: Kettle!

Me: Sisters, sisters, there will never be another sister..... (This is a song from White Christmas that my mom used to sing to me and my sister to break the fights up.)

M: Mom, if that didn't work on you and Auntie T****, why would it work on us?

Me: Is it annoying?

M: Very.

Me: Then my job here is done. Go clean your room.

M: ::grumble mumble:: Fine. But it is annoying.

K: If that isn't a pot and kettle....I don't know what is.

Me: Sweetie....give it up. You're not saying it right.

K: Am I the pot or am I the kettle?

M: Neither, you're a dork.

Me: Your Auntie would be so proud of you and shocked at the same time M.

And she would too. :) Happy Monday people....it'll be over soon.

If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment