5/6/10

All He Wanted....Was Me.

Have you ever known someone that knew all your dark secrets and still loved you at the end of the day?

It could be your spouse. It could be your friend. It could be a member of your immediate family. But to be loved so completely and known?

I have.

It didn't happen until after high school. I had lived such a good life so far. I had come into my own. I had become the type of girl that I wanted to be for the rest of my life. I wasn't someone to be pushed around. I thought I knew everything there needed to be known about me.

I was wrong.

What I didn't know was I was interesting. I was deep. There was so much more to me than what was on the surface. I cried when I laughed and it was adorable. When I was afraid of something, all I needed was somebody to hold my hand and go with me. I could accomplish anything I put my mind to.

What might be surprising to some people, this wasn't discovered because of the love of my husband (the asshole). It was discovered because of a man that loved me and let me go. Why did he let me go? Because he was smart. :)

But at the end of the day, I am only adorable, exhaustible and conquering because of this man. He is why I smile a sly smile once a day. It's a smile that's private. It's a smile that's ours. Thank you.

Does this discovery make me tragic? It's only tragic if I can't honor him and who he loves. It's only tragic if I can't admit that what I am is who I will always be because of him. Do I give credit to my husband? Well shit, of course I do. He's had to put up with me for way too long NOT to get credit. He is the unknown hero here.

He has held my hand when I needed it held.

He has picked me up when I've fallen.

He has tried to make me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry.

But at the end of the day, I am only me because of who I've allowed in my heart. It's those people that I honor and thank. Thank you.

Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow I will still wake up and be exactly who I've always been. Just a girl that can make it through any day, no matter how shitty it was, with a smile and a moment to be thankful for.

I'm calling it....it's done. :)

If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment