3/21/11

Spring Break

I took a week off because the kids had a week off. I'm allowed. It was so nice not to wake up at 5am and fight with the kids.

Some things happened over the past week that broke my heart. I have some lessons I learned from and lessons retaught.

A loss by any means can remind you of your own losses.

There isn't a manual on how to get over a loss. There is no magic word that will make everything better. There isn't one because as humans, you can't get over a loss of a loved one or a dream. And I'm not here to help other than to say, I've felt loss in my life and still haven't gotten over it. I just adapted to it and learned from it.

The day M was diagnosed with diabetes, it felt like a death. A death of a lifestyle that we'll never get back. I mourned the loss of easy in her life. I cried for the "what ifs" that would never happen. But at the end of the day, there is nothing you can do except adapt. Find just one thing that betters your life from it and use it to get you through your day. On May 26th it will be a year and I can say, the normal I was promised that would return has. I've adapted, she's adapted and our normal is finally here.

And whatever loss you've experienced, whether it be a death of a loved one or the obliteration of a dream, there has to be something in it that benefits your life. It might be an appreciation of what you have, a memory worth savoring or just a hug held longer than usual. At least that's how I've always tried to overcome a loss. But I will say this, I could just be full of shit. I accept that. :)

It's a short post today but I had to put something down on paper. Y'all know how I take a break and make it an even longer one. Happy Monday! My eyes are so dry and itchy. I've also decided that as soon as this day is over, I'm gonna have the answer of if I'll make it through this week. I think the pimple on my nose says it's gonna be a long one. :)


If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Was it gone a week? I hadn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I actually only had to get up for work. No yelling, no threats, it was freaking awesome. Of course, I was back on the bitchy mom wagon this morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete