3/7/11

I don't really mind it.

Monday's that is.

I mean sure, it's the beginning of the work week but what kind of crybaby would I be when I only work 3 days and I just had 4 days off? What I hate is the responsibility of what Monday's bring.

It takes me about an hour to get back into the groove of things. And that's an hour AT work. Like right now, I could totally close my eyes and fall back asleep. But I can't. I've got about 1/2 an hour before I have to leave. When I get there, hopefully the 2 cups of coffee and the Red Bull in my hand wakes me up a bit. Either that or makes me jumpy....cause I gotta pee. :)

5am wake ups for this track thing with M is killing me! And yes, I know, M's the one who actually has to DO the track at 6am in the morning but the act of rolling over, pounding the snooze button 4+ times and then repeating myself, "Get up baby, you've got lots of stuff to do, make your lunch, let's go," is really exhausting. But I already went into that on Friday, NOT gonna repeat whine.

My husband had to be up at 4am this morning but that was his choice. He's on his way to some new deer lease to sign the contracts for it. From what I hear, and I rarely listen when the word hunting is mentioned, it's a better lease of land. Whatever. Hunting season starts in October, why am I being forced to hear about it in March?

M has a track meeting tonight at 6pm. She told me about it and I elected to say, "Tell your father, I ain't gonna be able to rush home for it." These kids are gonna be the death of any relaxation for me and my husband. We've got soccer and now we've got this track AND choir stuff. I mean jeez, can't a girl plop down on a couch after a day of work. Well, THIS girl is. And this girl is also going to go to bed at 10pm tonight. This is where it starts too. Dinners are gonna start being served at 5pm. Showers are gonna be taken at 7pm. Old fart status will be achieved within the week.

I carpool M and E to track on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays now. Being so early, here's the convo.

Me: Hey E, are you as tired as we are?

E: ::grunt::

Me: My feelings exactly.

M: ::mumble::

Me: No, you'll have to walk home today. Nobody's home to pick you up.

M: ::grumble::

E: I'll walk with you.

M: ::grunt::

Me: See ya later my little track stars. Have a great day!

E: ::mumble:: you too.

M: ::grumble:: bye.

Yah, we're a laugh riot in the morning. Have a great Monday people. It'll be about 1 hour and 45 minutes before I start speaking more audibly without mumbles reminiscent of a monkey. :)


If I've offended you or expressed anything you don't agree with, don't worry, I'll probably do it again.

1 comment: